Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Questrade, Customer Service

I've been meaning to call Questrade in order to reset my passwords and re-establish access as I haven't even looked at my accounts in quite a while now. I still receive the various client notices via email and that at least has kept me up to date with some of the new things that Questrade are doing.

New Inactivity Fee

One that had me a little concerned was the original idea of charging clients a $10 monthly inactivity fee unless there was at least one $4.95 commissionable transaction per month. That was to have been put into effect in July. They have since rescinded that idea and changed it to a quarterly fee of $20 and quarterly transaction requirement which doesn't kick in until until October.

All of this is moot if there is over $5,000 in combined assets in a client's accounts.

Due to my procrastination in calling, they called me. I got someone who knew what they were doing and looked after everything I needed as well as answered some basic questions regarding the new platforms and data fees. All in all they get a good grade for pro-active customer service.

I am looking forward to playing with the new IQ trading platform and browsing some of the new information that they have available.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment