Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Just because it happened once....

I've been away from my blogging for a while now, I'm not even sure how long it's been without looking. While I have been following the market and doing other research, blogging about it has not been a high priority. As I decide to get back to writing about various aspects of trading and things stock related, I thought I would share something that keeps me from losing it when trade ideas don't necessarily go my way.


Just because it happened once does not mean it will happen again.

Perhaps it happens two, three or a thousand times, it still does not mean that it will happen again.

Having said that, the fact that it has happened before gives us some sense of comfort in knowing that it could happen again.

We fall into a trap when we think that because it has happened a thousand times before, it must happen again.... this time.... particularly when I have money in the game.

While I don't believe that the market is completely random, I do know that it can certainly throw some curve balls that will leave me wondering what I missed.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment