Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Market Opening Today

I will concentrate on my portfolio and potential stock hit list rather than the market in general so don't be dissappointed that there is no market analysis here, others can do a far better job at that than myself.


Well, I managed to watch my portfolio as the market opened today. I get a little apprehensive if my picks open strong, which they did. All in all though it was a good morning. I have streaming live quotes with my trading account so this can be kind of fun to watch. Everything is green...perhaps it's just the season...


I saw my gains hit 6.8%, drop back to 5.71%, rally back to 6.67% then settle into a groove. These are all net of commissions and are for the entire (all four of them) stock portfolio.


One of the goals of my strategy has been to try and simplify the portfolio management to a point where, ideally, it only needs to be checked after the market close. Perhaps some stop orders need to be tweaked or some new orders decided upon for the next day. As this is still a work in progress I tend to check too frequently to be sure that things are on track. So far my checking has not been necessary...but I need some reassurances occasionally.


JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment