Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Big news day, mixed markets.

I am out of town for a few days but I am checking in to see what is up.

I see there was a pullback which should allow me to get into a couple of trades that were setup today but I could not be there to make them live.

I see a position took a large hit, Triquint Semiconductor took a large hit (20%) aftermarket due to a slight miss, this was a position with a service that I have already cancelled...I think that this miss was unexpected so I don't begrudge the call... I am not looking forward to the drop in the option price in the morning,

Overall today has more news bits on the positions that I have open by a long shot. There was an entire page of headlines compared to a normal traffic of at most a third of a page.

I updated my performance page as I had a loss logged this week, I still was ahead of my target but this TQNT will likely nail me but I have the February option so I will give it some time to come back before bailing. I will lose the intrinsic value of 50 cents and some level of extrinsic value. The option is valued at $1.40 at the close and cost me $1.30 when the option was slightly in the money. So maybe it will be around 80 cents.

I have my orders in for tomorrow based on today's activity.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment