Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Friday, February 19, 2010

Continuation

I see that the Fed raised rates by 0.5% this morning...so. Markets absorbed that news and just kept on trucking.

In closing some of my old trades I see that some previous long term options trades are getting close to the money and one has actually gone slightly ITM...nice but of little import to me at this point as I have written those off as not worth my attention any more...they were some of the more speculative trades from one of the options advisory services that I tried out.


One trade was a financial that just raised it's dividend by 17% this week and the stock has jumped nicely which bumped my options up. There is still a bit of time left on this one so I will ride it and see where it goes from here.

I sold off one recent buy for a nice 14% gain and closed some losers for around 5% losses. Seeing as I am just getting wound up in these trades I am not too excited either way about what to expect...after all this is one more trial.

On the Optioneer front, I had a number of trades expire today making me some nice cash. I cannot get the updated valuations yet to see where I sit overall as the data has not been crunched. I may get a chance to do some math this weekend and update my progress page. With the couple of losing trade legs closed I don't expect any great profits for February...At least there are no great losses. I am planning on watching for some EOM March trades next week aiming to cherry pick some nice point spreads. Hopefully I can set some "extra" call spreads into some of these trades boosting my profits.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment