Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Slow month

This month has been rather slow, or maybe that is just me.

I am in 9 active trades right now, closed a loser and a winner... one closed I reversed the trade to go from a profitable short to enter a long immediately.

I gave some thought to only trading with the trend but found that the historical studies and long term trial period supported the idea of playing both sides of the trade under the majority of circumstances. While this does increase the risk a bit there are entry rules to skew the trades in favour of the "with the trend trades" that, while consistently applied, produce reasonable win rates.

Currently I am at a 75% win rate as I have closed 3 winning trades of four trades taken since starting the trading in my margin account last month. Although I obviously need more trades to make any stat relevant I still have all the back data to support 75% as an acceptable expectation for a win rate.

I just double checked and I am in 5 short and 4 long positions... which just goes to show how undecided the market seems to be... perhaps that is not really relevant as the prices on each stock with fluctuate as they will without too much input from the market overall.

Not much to talk about yet.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment