Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gold continued....

It's nice to be in a trade that is actually doing something.

EOD today has my gold trade up 1.82% as gold sits in the mid 1370's. Target is somewhere over 1400.

I have closed all of my other trades as of yesterday. While my win rate is just under 50% (too many shorts as the shorts did me in with this grinding rally overall) I have more data to play with while I wait for the setups to setup and trigger. I decided to apply an On Balance Volume (OBV) indicator to my trades to see how it reacts to the various price moves. I haven't been using volume as a factor in my trade decisions lately and I think that it may have been a factor that could have made me take, or close trades at a different point.

Sometimes simplifying things too much can be just that... simplified too much.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment