Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Friday, November 28, 2008

November, still an active lull

October blahs in trading have continued into November and as the month closes out I regret not making the time to do a bit of trading.


Without getting into it too deep, as I already have mentioned this a few times, my fake trading is as accurate as if I had actually made the trade with cash so my results are indicative of real returns had the only difference been that I had pushed the buy/sell button. Extensive testing has proven this to me over months of trials and pennies per trade might be the real difference based on some timing issues.

Having said that I would be sitting with a 5.5% portfolio gain for just the month of November. Seeing how the markets are behaving now, that is better than almost any plan could produce in a longer time period. The best part is, that is only for the two days that I would have traded, seven trades in all. I consider 4 days per week possible. My goal has been set at 4% per week or 1% per day. Given the volatility of the market I could conceivably make a decent living from trading and base it on a $5K startup capital and still be building the portfolio to allow for future retirement or major savings. All this using more conservative numbers than I have been able to produce so far...but that would be far too stressful.

Enough of the big fish stories and rehashing numbers.

I plan on getting back in to the DTing next month. I should have some fresh stories and perhaps some observations given real trading in this current market.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment