Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Friday, November 28, 2008

Questrade and VTSO

I notice a lot of people ending up in my blog after searching for Questrade and VTSO.

(This is an update from April 2009, VTSOs are not available for TSX and Venture Candian exchanges, this has nothing to do with Questrade as VTSO and regular stop loss orders work fine in the Amercan exchanges. I was advised earlier that the problem had to do with some technical difficulties with the operating platform.)

I think I referenced that a little while ago. I either chalked it up to a change in the VTSO function of perhaps just an influx of new traders. If anyone ends up here on a search for answers regarding VTSO or any Questrade issue I don't mind trying to answer any questions. You can to send an email or add a comment, I'll respond. I have tried almost everything that can be done with regular stock trading, and a few things that they didn't like too.

I didn't notice any changes to the VTSO use on their site when I checked quickly a couple of weeks ago. I haven't tried using one since the platform update a while back, they did not work then and they mentioned it was related to the update. I may try one just to see what is up this week. I know there was an issue with how it needed to be entered for it to work though, something to do with Canadian trading regs.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment