Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, December 8, 2008

Questrade and the TFTA

I have given up differentiating the difference between real trading and fake or paper trading for the rest of this month here. My entries are the same either way and my exits are very close as well. I don't really want to have any tax implications for this year as I apply all my energy towards fine tuning my trading in preparation for the Tax Free Savings Account coming to Questrade next month. They are referring to it as the TFTA (Tax Free Trading Account) as they are offering all the same tools for trading as their regular account...with the exception of margin I expect.

I will be tracking them separately and combined still but I need to get my headspace around the whole trading game, all of the trades not just two subsets.

Here are the links for the general release and a Q&A about the government rules. Questrade is being pretty liberal with it but I am not familiar with any other offerings.

Pamphlet

The original link again


Jeff.

1 comment:

  1. It was pointed out on my gap fade entry that I had made no mention of fees for the Questrade TFTA as compared to a regular TFSA...there is no real difference between the two as the TFTA is really just a marketing differentiation they have used to make their wersion stand out. The TFSA is a government creation and they all have to follow the same basic rules.

    Having said that and to answer the question there are no fees for it.

    ReplyDelete