Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Week wrap

In the interest of keeping ahead of any work stuff that comes up I had decided to not sequester myself and remain available during themorning trading times. I also do not let trading take priority so I will fake trade if something else is going on at the time rather than being stuck in a trade that I may have to leave.

So, I now realize that will not work. In order to actually realize real gains I will have to shut my door and only trade for the period. I suppose it is no different than taking 5 smoke breaks over the day, except I don't smoke so I don't get that time off.

Anyway, today is a case in point. 3 trades in 30 minutes done by 1000h. I left the fourth and last one go and didn't even fake it even though it slipped for one last dollar as I might not have traded it for real so I didn't count it, too far into a slide for my comfort even with gains to play with. 5.37% net return. I almost made the trades but had people looking for stuff or was on the phone. I am satisfied with the faking in the sense that it re-affirms my actual trade strategies so I am in good standing as far as keeping my edge is concerned.

I did cheat and place one last trade at about 1030h. The only reason that I did was that I had seta limit sell at $34.00 earlier, dropped in to take one last look at the morning activity and saw the setup at the right moment, called the short and let it go for a bit, caught 35 cents of the slide so worth the effort. My daily gain was bumped to 6.27% net.

Combined real and fake trading for the week is 11,42% net even after considering my 4% loss on Monday while getting my feet wet again. I still count that loser day even though I half expected it to be a loss before getting in. Just finding my edge.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment