Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Thursday, November 5, 2009

EOD numbers

Well I closed two trades for some nice gains today ahead of the service recommendation. In both cases I already had my stop orders in place before getting the email to close the positions for profits.

One was closed for a 126% profit and the other was 89%, net. Even in the downturn there is profit to be had...although the day was pretty good as the S&P took a nice jump.

My other positions regained another $227... although that is after removing the winners from the calculations so the number would be over $300 if the gains in the closed trades were considered.

Oh, the service recommends limit orders at particular prices but I like to use stops once I reach a certain point then move them up tight to the bid if the price moves up any more. In one case I gained and additional 5 cents and the other 15 cents. Considering that I may have missed out if the limit did not fill and the price dropped I preferred the stop method. Had I just placed market to get out at the time I decided to consider closing I would have still received good returns as well.

I will update my stat page today I expect now that I have some closed positions to note.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment