Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Saturday, November 28, 2009

OOPS...EOM options error

I was not paying close enough attention to my information.

The options that I opened the trade with yesterday were the RDQ series which expire at the end of the month rather than the typical 3rd Friday of the month. While this does not change my absolute return it does change my daily target from $6.38 to $3.94 and extends the time I am in the trade by 13 days to 34.

The only real reason I used RDQ instead of SPY options was due to the better price available between the strikes. It certainly didn't hurt that the price to sell was just a higher number.

So now I need to alter my spreadsheets a bit to accommodate the EOM options when they are available or just pay closer attention and enter the correct expiry when entering my data.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment