Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Friday, April 30, 2010

Holiday trading is over

It's Friday night and I am sitting in the JFK airport in New York on my way home from Florda. I had a great trip even if it was too short.

I traded most mornings seeing as everyone was slow in getting gonig, I figured I might as well. I did miss three days in there somewhere. Even so I managed to net $2,700 in my TFSA. The holiday almost managed to pay for itself.

I started to implement the 3 contract trade rule this week. Once I get the account up to a balance that can handle 10 trades at the current average contract prices I will start to bump that up to 4 as I work up to 5 then 10.

I don't know if I mentioned the advised trade sizes. They were reduced to 5 maximum due to low liquidity and now there is no max. Someone was trading 30 today's and there was no comment. Interesting as this frees me back up to be able to increase my trading size according to my account balance rather than some arbitrary (but valid) upper limit on trade sizes.

I'll run some other numbers later this weekend.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment