Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, December 29, 2008

Dec 29th trading

Today was interesting as everyone is home and doing stuff so I decided that no real trading would occur, too many distractions...that and I am satisfied to continue fake trading to be sure that I am up on the tendancies of Suncor as it is still fairly new to me.

The only pivot point that I placed was at $22.99, blue horizontal line. It worked well as support so far. I am curious to see how the 200sma (green) interacts once it catches up with the price around 1300h. I would love to be able to say it will act as support and there would be a few long trades right afterwards but that is only a best guess and could easily be wrong. The best plan would be to watch the price and volume tendancies and see where the quotes lead the price and decide my trades based strictly on the activity at the time. It would not be good to get stuck in a long bias, this is the trap of emotion trading by trying to be correct rather than just trading the action.

Over all I exceeded my goal by a reasonable margin today. Total net was 1.32%.

I finished trading at just the right time this morning. I was considering doing some more but often the late morning is a bit of a wash, which is was this morning. The afternoon mught be nice and swingy but it is holiday time yet so the price my not be as volatile overall. Not worth the effort of playing having already met my daily goal.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment