Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22nd

No trading today, or yesterday either as I was at a funeral yesterday. Today was just a bit of work overload in the morning that kept me distracted enough to not want to take any trades. I did keep an eye to the charts and saw some nice setups based on some of my newer information and some trades that I would have stayed away from due to this new info as well.

I'll post some charts.

I am starting to get a handle on more than just some of the technicals that I have been following. There is so much more available for the US markets and they are much easier and more relevant than in the TSE.

Advance Decline index, Cumulative tick, relative volume, premarket ranges...I think there is more but I can only learn these new ones a few at a time. Even though there is more information available I still believe that checking each of these with the last 20 minutes premarket is plenty of prep time. I know many traders will go on about having to be watching the Asian and European markets, reading all the news releases etc way before the market opens... Having a smaller handful of pertinent charts, indices and indicators that are familiar and relevant is far greater than frantically checking a lot of superfluous information that may or may not have a bearing on the day. Having said that I am sure that knowing everything is an advantage in it's own right...it is not a quick learning curve to get to the point of being able to use all of that information.

I feel that as long as your information is organized well and easy to access that a few minutes spent reviewing the premarket is all that is needed to be successful...I'll let you know when I am at that point. I am still assimilating all the ... stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment