Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Following the TICK to market moves

Yesterday I set out to work on my trade entries in order to use the limit orders more effectively and get trades entered more timely. While I did OK based solely on that premise I found that I entered more trades than I should have due to not really knowing where to expect the next move to go, getting stopped out and just trying again if the setup looked half decent. I was concentrating on chart setups, but, due to the choppy activity, that did not work well.

Today my goal was to stay on top of the trend of the market in order to stay out of those questionable trades and to get a better handle on how the prices were moving in response to the general market, the TICK and various support and resistance lines. My secondary goal was to also watch the entries as I did yesterday to get in at good points and prices.

I made four trades and I stayed out of some nasty trades. On the other hand I missed a few trades while sizing up the activity. I missed a few again due to interruptions, today was not a great trading day for that reason alone. At least I did not miss out on a great trending day.

I did make a fifth trade in the last 30 minutes...yes, broke my late trade only on profit rule...I should know better. When I wanted out at about 5 cents down it went 18 cents down before my market order was filled. FILO strikes again.

No charts today. Ran out of time to play. Not much to show anyway.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment