Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27th, little AM trading.

No time to do up charts today so just a synopsis.

I did make three trades. The first two were plays following the TICK as a straight trend indicator, which did not work as there was no trend, just a tight range so I was stopped out both times for small losses...most of my losses are smal at least.

The third was a TICK trade but I waited until the price broke yesterday's high then pulled back for a test. This already happened earlier and failed so I was really playing a long shot that it would not fail... long shots are not really the best moves. I headed out after that and now see that the afternoon had a nice selloff.

According to the TICK data it started at about 1230h and the best next entry short would have been at 1242h, 1248h or 1303h. Others were at 1314h and 1318h and one late one at 1324h.

Checking SDS for price entries at those times all closed from $57.27 to $57.39. The lowest low at any time over that period was $57.22. My stop for SDS to start is usually 15 - 20 cents. In this case somewhere under $57.18 as that was yesterday's high, nice resistance level for SDS that never broke again.

So, had I been in front of the screen would I have traded this one? I think so as the signal was pretty blatant and repetitive.

I'll check the charts closer tomorrow ans see how it would have faired as a trade, how much I may have captured given my regular stop settings and what not.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment