Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Medium term trading and daytrading combined now

I decided to keep all my trading to together in journalling and in action as that seems to be the way it is working out now. Thursday I did a little bit of daytrading as the bad news came out for the US employment figures, I rode SDS for a small gain as the market adjusted downward.

Either my concentration on medium term timelines or stop loss setting has sunk in..or what I don't know. I entered the day trade and left a $1 stop in place...HUH? ... that certainly is not my normal stop loss for day trading... perhaps that has been part of my problem all along with stop setting though. I seem to like this longer timeframe for trading.

I will sort of start from scratch over here for my current trading as I just spent a fair amount of time reviewing all my real trades, fake trades and did a little bit of speculative backtesting based on my new plan in order to set some rules down... I'll work them out later.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment