Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Realization

I started this blog originally to try to not only track what I was doing but also to give some ideas to others who might want to try trading for fun or profit. My first blogged strategy was a reasonably sound one but needs some small tweaking and boundary changes to make it profitable. It also needs more than I have for capital to allow it room to grow which is why I dropped it a while ago in favour of the day trade.


My blog has changed to more of a tracking blog with no real information that is valuable to a new trader other than as a blow by blow of my foray into a what I think a misunderstood trading methodology or style. I will attempt to get into some of the thought processes and technical setups but the daytrade is so subjective in it's execution that it would be very hard to descibe in much of a useful framework. It cannot be duplicated except using live or delayed data feeds.


The one major piece of advice that I can add that is of great usefulness is to start small and work your way up after proving that a particular style works. Almost all of the losing stories I have heard...in fact all of them, have started out too large too soon and that has been their downfall. Whether this be through large positions or large volume of trades it amounts to the same thing, large losses as the learning curve was short circuited.


While I have not seen long term consistant results yet I do not anticipate great losses either. I am trading small enough to manage losses easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment