Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday...back to basics.

That feels much better to be placing market orders.

I was right. Last week the price action was a little slower so my limits worked for me. This week the price is moving faster so markets are working better.

5 trades today, 3 winners, two losers but still up 1.63% for the day. Oh, right commissions...make that 0.38%. That's what sucks about 100 share trades with only small moves captured. Lot of work for a small gain...still in the learning curve though so I won't complain. More on position size in another post.

I won't go on about the winners as my entry was right and my exits were bang on...for me and my tolerance and the price action today. There isn't much more to say about those other than I would have liked to have a really big runner...not today after yesterdays' run though.

Second trade, short for a small loss. Looked like a consolidation triangle setup with a likely continuation down, called it wrong but got out well...8 seconds after exiting I reversed my trade long which was the right call, just not convincced so I bailed then waited for the break and jumped in long again. This time it stuck but was not a large move. Perhaps I should wait for the breaks or follow my pause before re-entering a trade rule...at least more than 8 seconds.

I did not make back my last week losses which is enough reason NOT to continue trading today. I think I will hold with an up day and bide my time for a stronger moving day. I was going to check the afternoon activity to see if anything looked really promising...it doesn't usually though as the timing doesn't work out for me....as it didn't today either.

I didn't take the time to update my stats but they are down from last week. I might have tried to work one more trade had I done the math with the commissions today, just as well as trading to try to make up for a loss is not in my rule book...wrong mindset.

JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment