Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thursday trading...and non-trading

I am doing a bit of catching up as I was busy last week...short week and all.

On Thursday I only managed one trade due to work constraints...part of the arrangement I have means that some things take priority.

Having said that I wonder how long I will need to work...seriously. Sure, today's "take" was only $69 but it still surpassed my daily goal as that is a 1.73% gain. I missed out on 4 other trades that would have (yes I say would have) amounted to another $200 plus. I had the trading platform running and jotted down the trade entries and exits, I just knew that I could not make the trades as I might have to leave it or just exit at a not so great moment. Them's are the breaks.

Given the movement that DID occur in all the missed trades I COULD have placed the darned things and let a VTSO take the ride for me. I will have to investigate that option for future. Here are the missed trades using conservative entries and trigger happy exits...just for fun, they might have been more if I had been on the button but i will never know:

10:44h short either in at $55.60 OR $55.00 to $54.20 for minimum $80
10:56h long $54.40 to $55.20 for $80
11:12h short $55.20 to $54.20 for $100
11:59h long $54.52 to $54.80 for $28
Grand total of $240 net

I don't want to start tracking missed opportunities but this one really stood out. I feel that missed opportunities are good for learning by seeing what may have happened and why the trades were not made.

JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment