Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, February 9, 2009

Alternate to day trading blog

I started a blog for the purpose of tracking a small project I have in mind for medium term trading. Earlier in last year I started such a plan, Counter Trend Positioning, in this blog and it has morphed into what you read now. I do plan on doing some longer term trading and I figured this is a method to get my bearings again.

Essentially what that plan had was a smidge of technical indicators, some trend plotting and some rather aggressive position trading with both long and short positions being used. This time I am going to apply the pivot points in a purely hypothetical setting...no real trades...but still making "real time" decisions for entry and exit orders. Ultimately this is aimed at making these trades in future once I have a capital base to work with.

It is not so much as Counter Trend as using pivots to enter on the extreme peaks and valleys and at key support and resistance levels much in the same manner as my daytrading plan is now...on a longer term time line.

If any are interested here is the link to my Medium Term Trading Blog

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment