Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11th

I think that I will no longer carry on about not making the trades. When I decide to track a trade the only difference between my tracking and the actual execution is about 30 milliseconds should I actually hit the order button. Seeing as my day is interrupt driven I have little control over my missed entries . This is why I am starting to lean more toward a stop controlled position as I am able to enter the trade and if it moves in my favour I set a stop and check it every once in a while. Should it move against me I will exit quickly as I do not intend to let a trade get behind my entry parameters. I may be wrong on the trade direction or wrong on the timing.

I can set alerts on my platform to tell me of price moves within certain boundaries. I need to play with those once I have a longer term active trade to see how they work though.

I will continue to use the working capital as the basis for my progress though.

Having said that, I will mention if a trade was using hindsight if it was not tracked live as this is all about studying the charts and my focus is on live data streams and real decisions based on those live streams.

Today started out as a nice trending day. The chart is self explanatory. The box represents the trade tracked.

S & P Global Gold: Click on the chart for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment