Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9th, the day

I posted the first trade earlier...the completion was HGD from $8.96 to a stopped exit at $9.08. A 12 cent per share gain. An OK trade.

Here is the chart for the Global Gold Index for today:



I noted that I anticipated a drop off the close of the London market. The reason is due to the pattern that seems to be reasonably apparent upon checking the FTSE against the Global Gold for each morning. The general trend is that if the SPTGD is wallowing and the FTSE is heading either up or down then the SPTGD will most likely head in the opposite direction of the FTSE upon closing. Seems to be a trading tension thing, I recognize the pattern but I have not investigated it's real reasoning. For now I will trade with it and see how it goes.

Today was a $134 net day. Not a bad start.

I tried tracking the moves of previous days for SPTGD and calculating the rough percentage returns possible with a few trades following my updated rules. I figured that I might be able to make better than that return as the ETFs are leveraged 2x. I calculated the return today and found that I did better then the GD index tracking by about 140%. So that follows my 30% fudge factor closely.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment