Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Redirection of energy today

I decided to take advantage of a training course that is priced better than some of the ones that I have been trying out lately. It is all online video and all available immediately upon signing up... with the typical 30 day money back guarantee, so why not?

I passed on almost every other one that I have seen as there has been nothing new in any of them, or if there was it was only new to me and I have since found a free or very inexpensive resource that has provided the very same information. I will grant that some of the training packages would have bee great had I not had the inclination to do lots of research so they would have been a faster method to have a structured training plan that I could follow.... but at $2500 a pop they certain give some drive to do some self teaching.

This one is straight down my line of thinking about sector rotation. So I am finding a few tidbits mixed in with the general stuff but nothing groundbreaking. In fact, so far I have written, even if not specifically posted, something on each facet of the program and I am 70 % through it now. I will admit that they have put the various pieces together nicely but I might have taken a month more to do the same. So I need to decide if the support after the fact is worth anything to me as that is possibly the only advantage.

I find this plan very similar to a plan formulated by a fellow by the name of Pankin many years ago. He developed a medium term strategy that took advantage of mutual funds with a particular broker that accommodated the delayed service charges, or back end loads, that decreased after a certain time. He compared the relative performance of the 26 or so funds in such a way that he was only ever in the two or three top performers based on 3 and five week performance and only stayed in those same trades past the commission expiry if they remained in the top 50% of the group.

I was working on modifying his work to suit the sector ETF field. I stopped when I hit in to options and have still been using some of the charts that I set up for that as I recognised the potential as a plan to return to in future.

More later.

Jeff.

1 comment:

  1. MARKET TODAY
    Key benchmark indices are likely to open lower after subdued U.S. data triggered concerns over the strength of the economic recovery. The Nifty futures traded as SGX CNX Nifty Index Futures in Singapore were down 22 points to 5100. However market may remain volatile after recent strong rally in indices.



    According to data released by the NSE, in the last session, FIIs were sellers of index futures to the tune of Rs 100.01 crore while bought index options worth Rs 188.92 crore. They were net buyers of stock futures to the tune of Rs 3.96 crore and bought stock options worth Rs 12.95 crore.

    More details http://www.16anna.com

    ReplyDelete