Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Same Old, Same Old...

Well, some new trades opened and closed, profits taken, more momentum options purchased...just more trading stuff.

It was very interesting to note some of the profits mentioned by other members of the group... even though I had a $600 plus day I am on the low end of the scale. There were ranges anywhere from the $500 to the $14,000 mark...just for today. Now, $14,000 would take 75 contract trades for each trade closed today... or getting better entries and better exits, although that is not as large a factor as straight trade sizing.

75 contracts is doable in the options that we are trading as they are very liquid (QQQQs for example) I could place a large order to buy then sell with successive orders of 10 or 15. I should double check the software as there are some flexible option order entry selections but I won't need those right away as I am only just hitting the 5 contract trade size (makes for nicer profits on the very short term small gain trades).

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment