Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pretty Boring Stuff

Whoa! I haven't posted anything for a week... that's odd. I have been busy at work and getting all sorts of odd jobs and other procrastinated projects moving along now that I am not day trading and have lots of leftover time.

I now have 6 active positions and a few other orders in place now, so it's not like I have not been trading... just my tading is taking FAR less of my time that it previously was.

I have 20 stocks that I have worked up all my stats for from the last year's data and now I am just merging my current trades into the same rules based trade setups.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not really that odd that there is not as much to write about. Sure I could go on about the trades, but just buying or shorting a few positions doesn't make for great reading. Due to my methodology there isn't much excitement either.

Trading goes something like this:

Choose a stock that is ranked high enough to consider.

The setup is to buy at $25 and again at $24... two entries perhaps.

Orders placed pre-market

Other in play positions checked, confirm that all stop or profit orders are in place correctly.

Re-enter any short orders to open positions (they are only good as day orders).

Check later in the day to see if they filled... although I like to watch the open.

Set stops for new positions.

Place profit limit orders where needed.

Twiddle thumbs, perform other work...

You get the idea. Pretty easy trading.

Of course the getting to this stage has taken a lot of time and effort and still takes more behind the scenes work. I will need to pare some stocks that are under performers or have gotten over priced and find replacements.

All in all, pretty boring stuff now.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment