Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, June 2, 2008

Morning fun

I played around with the order this morning to see how I could affect the selling prices. It was interesting to see my order amongst the rest and what happened as I changed mine at certain times (this is through my trading software supplied by my broker).

A little morning fun.

I couldn't do this with a stock that is traded on very high volume as my piddly order would mean nothing in the general fray. Other than a little fun it shows me how it is very possible for a larger volume trader to influence the prices during the day.

For me the few cents that the stock moved meant little as I was trading 100 shares so a $0.01 per share move = $1. For someone with a few thousand shares (say 6000) the same $0.01 move could equal $60.

JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment