Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trade sizes

I will probably only start with $4000 in the TFSA due to the prices of the stocks right now. Having an extra $1K in the account does not increase my position size possible for any of them. At the point where it will make a difference I may consider adding it later. If I am trading well then it would be worth the investment...but then again, if I am trading well, why bother as it will get there on it's own anyway. I would rather let these trades grow as the account grows rather than getting in too deep too fast anyway. I always thought it would be nice to drop $50K into an account and make more money but that would just increase the pressure and change the dynamic of the trade enough that it might be detrimental.

HED is around $17, 200 shares
TLM is around $13, 300 shares
SU is around $28, 100 shares

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment