Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9th, Scratched the day

I am not working on honing my range trading skills, I am playing with my TICK entry to catch reasonable trending. I don't need day long trends to capture what I am looking for but it appears that low volume ranging is just different enough to throw off my trading ideas.

So in that light I decided to just watch and not even track any trades later in the day. I noticed how the TICK and SPY price danced and have more information that I did before the day started. I did try to do some back charting to see if I could fit some hindsight trades into the activity and even that was tough. The TICK did not range wide so the triggers were very tight. The spread between the average high and average low as down to less then 300 points. Triggers work best when they are farther apart.

I did note that during these times the moving averages could be used for entries based on the TICK, not in the same manner, just use the TICK as a reference for an extreme price move to get a lower entry. There were a few such trades that I saw set up but did nothing with...unfamiliarity.

Golf tomorrow so likely no trading at all. My luck the market will decide on a direction and have a large trending move day.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment