Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Slow start to the day

Oscillation.

The TICK and SPX are oscillating about zero and all of the moving averages respectively.

Of course I would decide to trade on a slow starting day. Volume is on the low side of the last 10 day average for the period, there is no commitment, just a lot of wallowing.

First trade I left more room than I should have but I was not sure that the price was going to pullback, I broke even. Second trade I lost half of my loss allowance at the stop but my order was filled poorly losing me the other half plus some.

I will now wait it out and see which way the market moves as I will not knowingly try to trade such a tight range. At least not yet. I would like to see some directional activity.

Worth noting, my entries were at good points so at least I have got some of the hesitation out of the picture. This at least allows me to set my stops at good chart points rather than out in the breeze hoping for the best.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment