Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Friday, June 5, 2009

More Friday stuff.

I made one more trade near the end of the day...I did not realize it was so late or I might not have made the trade as I don't like having to stop late day trades as wide as they need. This was no exception, although I never looked at the time until into the trade was about to stop out...I had creeped the stop up slowly from the start as I felt wrong after entering the trade...I should have felt wrong BEFORE the trade. 4 minutes after stopping I saw the move start that I was looking for. It pulled back then continued on...the second pullback would not have hit my stop and the move ended up being a 40 cent run up in SDS. Would have seen 30 cents of it with tight EOD stops.

No charts today. I am cycling today so I like to get going as soon after work as I can.

Things learned today:

1) I can trade reversions
2) Don't try trading when on the phone
3) If it didn't work earlier, don't expect it to work later

#3 was funny, as I entered 4 cents higher than an earlier trade and stopped 3 cents higher. It may as well been the exact same trade as the price even jumped shortly after my trade in both cases. They were setup around the previous day low and close prices as resistance in SDS.

I will be going back over the day and setting trades according to strict entry and stop rules to see what kind of strategy would have worked and applying those rules to similar day setups in future. I know this smacks a little of curve fitting but if the curve fits ...why not wear it until it doesn't?

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment