Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, February 16, 2009

February 13th ooops!

I just realized that I did not enter anything about my trading for Friday. I obviously threw out my old rule about not trading Fridays seeing as I was willing to trade on a Friday the 13th. I may not be superstitious but I'll bet others were.

I only ended up placing two trades and I was not really focused on trading, what else is new, eh?

So I had a slight loss day as I was not able to trade the first two really nice moves, I washed my two ideas and took the rest of the day to work on other regular work stuff to not have to do it on the long weekend.

I am in the middle of changing the way that I trade the ETFs. I think that I will make that a separate post though as it is it's own idea. Suffice it to say that I reworked Friday's possible trades to produce a return of 7.8% on the entire portfolio...after using marginal entries and exits to allow for bid/ask spreads and using only 70% of the calculated profits as well as adding a few breakevens to let the commissions draw me down a bit more.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment