Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Questrade Free Transfer Promo.

I put up the new banner for the free transfer promotion but thought I might mention a few things about this.

First, I would not promote something that I either didn't use or didn't think was worthwhile.

Second, while the transfer is free (up to $150...so unless your existing broker gouges you on the way out it is probably free) it does require a $25,000 transfer to qualify.

Third, $50 in free trades is a nice little touch to get started.

I plan on transferring my RRSP account to take advantage of this myself. I had actually planned to do that a year ago and procrastinated. Now that the account is deflated the $150 is hardly a consideration but still is nice to get something for free. I did liquidate about half of the account at it's then peak at least.

If anything I posted here made you think about opening or transferring an account with Questrade I wouldn't mind getting some credit for your decision, just start the process through one of the ads above.

Thanks,

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment