Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Daily update.

I was not going to do anything today but I caved and opened my trading software at about 0945h to take a peak. Too bad I didn't follow it from the start. It followed yesterdays pattern, gap up, push up then a quick pullback from the peak in the very next minute and right down over the course of the morning.

I made some notes before doing anything and wrote "expect a short bias today and a possible late rally with the low around the PP". So why the heck did I place a long as the first trade? ...dumb dumb dumb. lost 29cents per share by the time I decided to bail, largest single trade loss since starting this. Forget about possibly having shorted it instead but had I just not traded it, accounting for commissions it was a $39 drawdown. I almost didn't place another trade.

7 minutes later I was into the shorts for a profitable day, too bad about that stinking first trade though, I didn't let it get to me and considered not counting it...but for the sake of accuracy I couldn't fudge it.

4 trades, finished at about 1140ish. $67 net profit, 1.34% return.
Slightly below my average daily net of $84.15 return of 1.68%
Return to date for 13 trading days = 21.88% or $1094.00

Interesting stat, long : short ratio is 1.31:1, the imbalance is due mainly to the general uptrend on the daily chart since the 11th.

Of my 8 losing trades the short losers vs long losers ratio is 1.7:1. I almost expected it to be closer to the long:short ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment