Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, August 25, 2008

Rules: the 30 minute rule addendum

Opening Rule Change

My normal rule is to not trade until after the first 30 minutes to let the market settle out a bit. I have toyed with changing that rule if the opening price is very close to the closing price...as today's was. With a gap I need 20 minutes to get my two key moving averages caught up and an extra 10 to let the price settle into a trend or get in sync with the indices I am using for correlation. Without a gap the averages are already on the mark and the indication is that the price does not need a correction by the market makers, orders are flowing well and no automatic orders or programs have been triggered to throw the price into a huge unwarranted swing and this may just be a continuation of the previous day. I think that it would make a difference if the price opens so near a support/resistance area and it holds as opposed to perhaps halfway betwwen two lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment