Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New performance tracking setup

I just added a third spreadsheet page that allows me to track my results based on the beta of the day as a percentage of the beta captured in the trades. This lets me know how I am doing based on the price movement over the day. So far I am running between 23% and 61% captured. I think that will be more my guide for tweaking the plan rather than focusing on the money.

Hmmm....those percentages are also considering that I only trade for part of the morning and only up to four trades. Now the daily high and low may have many waves in there so I could have a percentage over 100% if I did more trades over the day. I think my target will be 100% but I may have to add an additional trade to get there....NAH, just work on getting better trades going. I really need larger intraday swings though as I seem to be decent on the individual moves, getting out near the peak (trough) but getting in a little late...although that has much to do with my win loss ratio of 28:5 (total losing trades add up $51)

JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment