Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Monday, August 4, 2008

ETF hedge trading

Well, I think that this idea is just plain too complicated to pull off easily without having a fairly heavy duty trading platform. I still think that it has merit and I will adjust my fake trading account to drop the losers and let the winners run and see where I end up. I may work on it another time.

Meanwhile I have come up with another plan that I think is more workable, has nothing in common with my previous CTP plan and, once again, requires no research into company politics and accounting. I do believe in the CTP plan, I just like to play, and I will fall back to it once I am finished playing unless something else turns out to be more profitable.

It invloves using the most volatile stocks (I have eight selected out of a posible 127) at the most volatile times within certain price ranges and with very strict rules. I have tried to put into writing a couple of times and I just cannot get it clear easily...so rather than spending time trying to put it down now I will work it for a bit and see what works and post it another time.

JD.

1 comment:

  1. sounds very intriguing indeed.....

    i am very curious to find out the results of the etf trading "experiment".

    u will hit upon something that is manageable and profitable for u yet.....i have been enjoying this learning journey....

    k

    ReplyDelete