Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To day trade...or not to daytrade...I'm afraid that is the question...

My initial plan was to call the price move off the start, place a trade, ride or close and enter the reverse trade to capture most of the rest of the move. This was not really day trading as there was to be little to no technical analysis and it looked REALLY good ...in theory.

I now see that was a pipe dream for a good number of reasons.

So, now I am directly into the daytrading realm...once again. I believe that I am better prepared for it this time as last time I was really green and I think lucked out for the most part.

Having said that, this is not something that I would suggest anyone try. It is very cut throat, more so than trading over longer time periods even if a lot of the same rules apply. I may continue to blog my results and whatnot but there will be little usable by any who are not of the daytrading mindset.

If anyone reading happens to be doing some day trading, drop me a line.

JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment