Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

today's trading

I almost went for real trading today but figured I would have some interruptions and I couldn't pay as close attention as I would like for the 1.5 hrs needed.

I kept the trading software in the background and placed some fakers again and did a comparison to what I would have done had I had the open time slot.

I figured it would be a good day for long trades in this stock today.

With interruptions: (so I had to exit more often than I would have liked)

first was a short (thought I might catch a quick impulse...actually itchy to get a trade in really, I should know better)

Short 0959h - net loss $0.19 ps
Long 1008h - net gain $0.30 ps
Long 1021h - net gain $0.15 ps
Long 1008h - net gain $0
Total net gain $0.26 ps

Uninterrupted:
Short 0959h - net loss $0.19 ps
Long 1008h - net gain $0.89 ps
Total net gain $0.70 ps

I didn't stick around after 1045h to be able to let it ride longer...it may have gained more but I had to get out when I did.

Not a stellar day but still a 1.4% portfolio gain day...in theory. 0.54% with interruptions.

JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment