Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Another day another dollar...and then some.

I am finding that the day trading service and the momentum option service are overlapping substantially in their scope, if not the stocks that are being played. I have placed a number of trades only to exit them in a day or so. Yesterday I jumped into a stock and today it is up over 100%...nice tidy profit. I am also finding it a pain to track everything separately...although that will not change I will be tracking my overall stats as a combined total from now on. One service has been running for longer but it also has the least returns, $200 overall, so I will rolls that one in for the grand totals. This means that my "per trade" average is not going to be representative of my trades in any particular service. Seeing as I have a daily average target in mind I think that this better serves my overall plan...head games perhaps. If I see myself doing well I will push to do better.

Stats as a result are as follows:

Daily Average: $301.97 (initial target was $250)
Days in: 17
Total Returns: $5133.57
ROI: 20.15%

Today's take was in the neighbourhood of $600.

I feel good about the trading overall. I have a few positions that may take some losses but I will book those when they are ripe... either way. A loss is not a loss until it is closed, but neither is a profit. Until that time I will keep making trades for profits which mitigates the possible losses. For the record these are not expected to remain in the red, the stocks are just wallowing and need to start heading where it really looks like they are ultimately going to go... time is not on my side in this though as the options do have a best before date.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment