Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Updated Day Trading Stats

I updated my performance stats today. I closed some previous trades and opened a new one today. Nothing fancy, one 13 cent stock trade loss (300 shares) and a 20 cents option gain (9 contracts or the equivalent of 900 shares). Both trades fell short of targets but it resulted in counting the day they were opened as a positive day. My profit per trade went up and my profit per day went down.

I also entered five trades with the new service, all were filled as the prices pulled back in the stocks and I used limit orders based on the option prices at the close yesterday. I ended up with about $1600 invested in this service so I will track it accordingly.

My other stock service still has the majority of the trades open. My account is up in paper profits by about 4% overall right now as most are in the money and a couple are showing small losing positions...but that is normal when entering a new option trade.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment