Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another milestone

Today I cleared the $20,000 mark overall as it was almost a $1,000 day in just the daytrading.

I find that the day trading is more an overnight thing more and more as we open positions specifically to hold for a day or two... or more. We closed a losing trade today as it was not really going anywhere, down about 15% so it was a lot better than holding it until expiry, which happens with a handful.

This is the first day using 4 contract trades. John is starting to cater to the group's requests more now. Getting a little more heavy handed with people who are not learning and are taking up more then their share of bandwith, increasing the subscription rate to reduce the numbers a bit and giving some guidance about relative sizing (go big, medium or small on the trades).

The last item is good as I consider 3 contracts pretty much the minimum so this lets me run 4 as standard size, 3 for the small and maybe bump to five for larger trades. When I get to 5 and 6 contracts the smaller will still be 3 but the larger may be 7 or 8.

All in all today was mostly uneventful, as if I can remain blase about neatly surpassing the next milestone. Time to set a new batch so I have more to aim for, although I find that I get a little lazy while thinking about the actual profit number. I need to remain focused on cashflow goals and money at risk targets to stay on the ball. Time to setup a couple of new spreadsheets to let me track monthly profits from the momentum options. I won't worry about the longer term stuff until later.

As the month draws to a close my daily overall average is over $510 (depending on how I figure the number of days overall), my daytrading average is up to $215.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment