Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Curiousity and the cat

Trading started out as a hobby and, even though I am taking past the hobby level, it is still really a hobby. Yes, I spend a few hours each day doing trading related stuff even if not directly trading. Yes, I am making more money than a hobby ought to... perhaps. Yes, I plan to be able to replace two incomes and only have to trade for a living.

I enjoy it and, therefore still consider it a hobby.

Having said that I often get asked "what's new?", or people are talking about their hobbies and that leads me into my hobby. Because I get to talk about gains, as that is what this is all about, people get curious and ask how to do it. Originally I thought that anyone could but I now know better... at least when it comes to day trading. The momentum and stock stiff anyone could do.

Anyway, I have stopped counting how often I've been asked if would trade $10,000 for them. I cite legal, accounting, possibility of loss or any number of valid reasons why I would not trade their money... as much as would secretly love to have a much larger account to trade.

I would be curious to have a nice $200k account base to see what I could do with it.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment