Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Milestone after Milestone....I'll have to stop counting

Well, this week has been an eventful week on the trading front thus far and I will be glad of the break tomorrow...at least a break from daytrading.

I passed the $15,000 mark in profits, as posted.

I passed the double my money point based on capital at risk, I may have posted.

I am now in the $500 per day club at $512.44 average per day.

Today, while not quite passed, I am within $15 of the $20,000 mark.

Now, the last trade closed at the close of the market so I ended up with a partial fill as only one of my two contracts closed or I would have nicely surpassed the $20k mark.

All of this is neither here nor there as these milestones are fairly close together. Initially these were going to be hit over the course of weeks, not days. So now I have to set some new ones and see what happens.

I think that next week, seeing as the daytrading account will open flat (no open trades, all cash) I will start off with 4 contract trades. The cash balance will be $11,741. I have two losing trades to book tomorrow, both expire worthless so a 100% loss but the total loss is $391 and does not affect my cash balance. I may go ahead and bump up the other account to 4 contract trades as well as the cash balance is almost $25,000. It turns out that I don't have to add cash to let me sell naked options should I choose to do so now. 4 contracts with 15 trades (about the max I think) would still leave me with $10,000 ($30,000 margin) in order to start my next trading plan.

Oh, that balance does not count the $3000 in open trades or the $1500 in open profits.

All in all I am in a better position at this point than I thought that I might be.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment