Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Consolidation

As of today I have 14 active open positions and all are option trades. The highest priced option is $4 and the lowest is 36 cents. The best thing about these is that ten of them are in my TFSA and I still have room for about 6 more should they materialize...I do have one order pending still.

The cheapest option that I ordered, but did not get filled, was 15 cents.

Current profit is running at $840 which is about 24% in the last week and change. Sadly those were not all in my TFSA so it is sprinkled about my three accounts.

Current positions are worth, not stopped but if I had closed them all at the end of the day, -$338 and the open capital used is $3434. In theory, if all my positions were wrong and I let them expire worthless I would lose the whole $3434. I doubt that is likely as I would stop some of them before then. That and I am diversified enough that all should not tank at once anyway.

Should even a few of these do what it looks like they may then the return is greater than 100%. Seeing as my theoretical risk is 100%, actually about 50%, then having a number over that mark should boost gains over losses.

I feel like I am consolidating. Similar to a market that trades horizontally for a bit to gain strength in the current range and accumulate strategic positions. I bought two more positions and sold none, no more realized profits. All of my trades are based from the advisory and data services but I am considering dropping one of the three as it has only yielded two trades this month. I like a lot of activity but only for it's own sake.

Of the total trades taken, 14 have been from one service, two of which have been profitable (71% and 100%) two did not fill and the rest are still open. I have not taken about 1/3 of the trades recommended as they are using strategies that I cannot execute in my accounts right now, everything from naked option writing to spreads and three legged trades as well. No covered calls as they are not into trading stocks.

My trades count 4 with 3 at 44%, 72% and 38% with one loss at -7%. There were other earlier ones that won and lost but those were the recent option trades based on my P&F charting

The other two services have yielded 5 trades total. Only one closed for a 44% gain so far. They do not look terribly promising at this point.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment