Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More profits taken

I sold off a position this morning for a nice $1.20 and have two more that are at $1 and $1.90 that I have set limits or stops for. Closed MS yesterday for a 50 cent loss just to get out of that one. It was down over $1.50 a while ago and I had no faith that it was going to move quickly... No sense in worrying about it anymore.

All in all the last four or five days have been profitable, considering my small trade sizes I cleared over $600 in four trades not counting the two to close today or tomorrow and not counting my first profit taking of about $120 to close some other non-movers last week.

One of these days I will get going with a progress report on my homepage... although I am phasing out my P&F in favour of testing these services I am not sure that I can lay claim to any great insights ... so progress is a more appropriate term than performance.

Oh well, money made is money made no matter the method, within reason.

Quick mention about these service fees. I am tracking which trades go with which service so I can determine which ones may or may not be keepers. If they pay for themselves in their trial period then they are keepers, otherwise I will likely give them the boot. Just like trading, no emotions in these decisions. No attachment or obligation makes it easy to decide and easy to execute.

Now this other expensive one is a whole other matter.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment