Questrade, My direct access discount broker.

Questrade Democratic Pricing - 1 cent per share, $4.95 min / $9.95 max

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pain of the red numbers

Today is an odd day as my account is now, or at least was for a period, completely in the red. All 14 positions were down...most by 5 to 15 cents.

I bought another call option while the stock seemed to be at the bottom of it's current pullback, my first March expiry so far. Yesterday I sold off my October expiry's while the market peaked mid afternoon.

Now I have to decide how much "pain" I will take on these current positions. Originally I bought them and considered the entire capital outlay a potential loss so the majority are not much more than $200, one at $400 which I may stop at 50% if it goes that far. Now that they are all down at the same time it seems to "hurt" more than it would should only a few be down.

That's the way it goes though. The initial plan should be held so I will see how it plays out.

Meanwhile, I am looking at funding my margin account to allow for spread trading.

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment